I came accross the tool Google2Piwik and wanted to use it to import from Google Analytics to Piwik, but I don’t have shell access to the site I run. This is my solution:
- After installing Piwik via FTP I got myself a server API key for Google Analytics.
- I created a dump of the database (phpmyadmin) from Piwik and imported it into my local mysql server.
- I git cloned the Google2Piwik github project to my local linux client and edited the config file to include the Analytics server token and the database data from the client.
- After running the Google2Piwik tool I had all the data in the local database. I exported _log_action, _link_visit_action and _log_visit.
- I imported the export into the original site.
To then force Piwik to create the required archives I used this command
You need to change:
- Sites= to the actual number of your site
- dates= to the earlyest date of your Analytics export
- token_auth= to the piwik auth token